Monday, June 28, 2010

I never saw it coming...

I may have complained about my job...but I did like it. I enjoyed getting to talk to folks from all over the country. I loved the hours, and the insurance was the best!

So, I never saw it coming...I went to work Friday, like I did any other day. My day started at 3:15 a.m. and I was at my desk working by 5:30 a.m. I took an average of 756 calls from 5:30-1:00, and then it happened. A bunch of us are told to go to the conference room...even members of management were sitting around the table. And there was unfamiliar faces standing.

That is when it happened! We no longer had a job! A new company had bought us out and they decided not to keep any of the full time employees. They did keep  the part time folks, but then why not, they don't have to pay benefits.

So now the hunt is on for a job~I don't like looking for a job! And I struggle with finding one that will hire a 40+ yr old, with no college education and a cancer history.

Please pray a job opens up for me...

2 comments:

Waitingfaithfully said...

Oh no. Please know that I am praying NOW that the Lord has something bigger and better in store for you Terry. Keep your eyes on Him.

Love,

Tina

Carey and Norman said...

So sorry to hear that you lost your job. How unexpected! God has a plan for you and needed to close this door in order to open another opportunity for you. Can't wait to see the direction he leads you!